The LS² Annual Meeting 2018 with the topic "Metabolism & Signaling in the Life Sciences", will be held on the 12th and 13th of February, 2018 at the Amphimax/Amphipôle Campus of the University of Lausanne. The LS² Annual Meeting brings together scientists from all nations and backgrounds to explore the large spectrum united under the umbrella of Life Sciences.
The 2018 edition will consist of :
- A scientific program with more than 30 (inter)nationally renowned speakers over two days plus 30+ selected speakers from abstracts
- 4 international plenary lectures all around autophagy research
- 10 scientific symposia:
Molecular and Cellular Biosciences - Neurosciences - Virology/Proteomics - Physiology -
Systems Biology by SystemsX - Autophagy/Cell Death - Experimental Pharmacology - Bioinformatics - Physics of Biology
- Round table discussions about Careers in the Life Sciences
- The popular Postdoc contest "PIs of Tomorrow" where the best future projects from diverse disciplines are being showcased
- A transdisciplinary panel discussion on on CRISPR/Cas9
- A Science Crowdfunding evening event
- A large industry exhibition with 40+ industry partners
- 150+ posters presented by promising young scientists
The winner of the Friedrich-Miescher Award and the Lelio Orci Award will be honored in a special ceremony
We do not only provide an informative session on opportunities in and outside the academic world, but also offer the first 20 to register 50CHF to support their registration fee and travels to the meeting!
*PhD students *
...can meet their peers at the poster and Apéro session and win one of the prestigious poster prizes (worth up to 500 CHF). In addition to the poster sessions, long and flash talks selected from abstracts will be embedded in the scientific symposia.
Apply for the "PIs of Tomorrow" session if your planning to pursue an academic career!
We are looking forward to welcome you at the LS2 Annual Meeting 2018 in Lausanne!