May 20-25, 2012
In recent years, the development of China continued to proceed at a rapid pace. With an annual growth of nearly 10% for 20 years, China recently became the third largest economic country behind the United States and Japan. And its growth potential remains huge.
Biotech and Life Sciences in China
According to the 11th Five-Year Plan (2006-2010) of Bio-industry issued by National Development and Reform Commission, the increase value of China bio-industry should reach RMB 500 billion in 2010 and will exceed RMB 2 trillion by the end of 2020, which will act as a pillar industry of hi-tech field as well as a leading standard of national economy. The 12th Five-Year Plan is expected to focus on, among other things, fostering an innovation economy with biotechnology as one of the targeted industries.
Selection of Chinese Cities and their Biotech Infrastructure and Clusters (as per mission route):
- 300 biotech companies
- Output of Guangzhou biotech Industry: Over RMB 85 billion
- 8 major technology-oriented venture capital corporations, total venture capital over RMB 12 billion, 30% invested on biotechnologies
- 224 hospitals, including 35 Level 3 Class A hospitals
- University of Tongji (www.tongji.edu.cn)
- SIMZ (Shanghai International Medical Zone - www.simz.gov.cn)
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum
- Beijing Pharma & Biotech Center (BPBC)
More Information or contact